Friday, March 2, 2012

Wolfsbane ~ Andrea Cremer

Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2)Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Alright so first off I'd like to say reading this book reminded me as to why I prefer to read all of the books in a series at once. I have to say its been so long since I read the first book I was a little lost. But after the first chapter (and a few flashbacks) I remembered what was going on.
This book starts off right were the last one left off. Calla wakes up groggy in the Searchers layer. Not knowing who is friend of foe she must try to find away to save herself and her pack. Now I'm going to warn you, at the end of this book Calla is not much closer to solving her problems than at the start. You may want to hold off and buy the last book in the trilogy before you even start this one. It might save you some aggrivation.
As far as YA goes I think Andrea Cremer does a pretty good job. She is one of the few YA authors that doesn't dumb down the conversations to try and make her characters seem younger. (I'm not pointing fingers here but if you have read any of the PC Cast series you will know what I'm talking about) At the end of the book I had the urge to run out and buy the last one, which is also usually a sign of a good story. Sadly I couldn't justify the price of the hardcover so I will have to wait.
I did find Calla's sudden urning for Ren slightly annoying, but what is YA without a good love triangle? I think if you enjoyed the first novel you will probably like this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment