Sunday, March 18, 2012

Coexist ~ Julia Crane

Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles, #1)Coexist by Julia Crane
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Alright I have to say I don't really know what to think about this book. I downloaded it off of Amazon because the synopsis sounded pretty good and the cover is beautiful. I figured I should go ahead and finish it in honor of Saint Patricks Day. As far as the storyline goes it it pretty interesting.
Keegan is a teenage Elf, living in the human world. As she tries to go about a normal life her family is preparing for the war to end all wars. It seems light elves and dark elves are going to battle each other until one side is no more. Added to this is the fact that Keegan's brother can see the future and has seen Keegan dead.
The problem I had with this book is that Keegan seemed a little self centered. Worrying about clothes and boys when everyone around her is worried about extinction. The story line seemed to flow naturally at first, but then a little too fast towards the end. This is supposed to be a great battle and I think it took a chapter or two, I guess I'm to used to George R.R. Martins taking 300 pages to describe a battle. I did try to take into account that this is a YA and truthfully it was still a pretty interesting story. I will probably pick up the next book, just to see what happens.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Ah I hate when the protagonist act like that, it's so annoying to read in a story. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the book and I enjoyed it. Reading about elves is new for me and I love romance books of any kind. A great read all in all! :)

    ReplyDelete