Friday, March 2, 2012

Interview with Cynthia Garner


I have been lucky enough to score an interview today with not one
 but two great paranormal romance 
authors one of which is Cynthia Garner writer of the new
 Warriors of the Rift series.

Delia:  What was your inspiration for this series?

Cynthia:  I’ve always been such a science nerd. I grew up watching the original Star Trek, then I glommed onto The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, and Voyager. I did watch the first couple of seasons of Enterprise, but lost interest after a bit. I loved Space 1999, Star Wars (the first three, or, rather, the last three that were actually shown first), Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis, and of course Firefly and Serenity. I haven’t read a lot of sci fi, which is strange, actually, since I love sci fi TV and movies so much!

            With this particular series I had seen a news report of an upcoming meteor shower, you know, one of those where the best viewing is at two o’clock in the morning? After my initial (and usual) “I’m not getting up to watch it” reaction, I started asking “What if…?” And the concept of the dimensional rift was born.

Delia:  Do you model your characters’ personalities after anyone you know?

Cynthia:  No.  All of my characters’ personality quirks and traits come from my imagination. Although I have been tempted a time or two to model villains after someone I know, I have yet to do that.

Delia: Who is your favorite author and why?

Cynthia: Wow, this is such a hard one, because I have a lot of authors whose books I really enjoy. It all depends on the day and my mood. LOL  I’ll go with Angela Knight, who’s on my auto-buy list. She’s a fantastic storyteller and creates compelling characters.

Wow Cynthia thanks for all of your amazing insight into your new series, I can't wait to read the next one! You can learn more about Cynthia and her new series at her website 





No comments:

Post a Comment