Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Joy-Worthy ~ Julie McGrath

Joy-Worthy: A Mother's Guide to More Joy, Less Stress and No GuiltJoy-Worthy: A Mother's Guide to More Joy, Less Stress and No Guilt by Julie McGrath
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this book. It kind of reminded me of the Girlfriends guide to pregnancy in the fact it was funny and honest all at once. 

Summary:
No matter where you are on your beautiful, often exhausting journey through motherhood, Joy-Worthy gives you a plan to put yourself first without guilt and rediscover what gives you joy. If motherhood is sucking the joy right out of you -- or you fear it might -- joy coach and licensed social worker Julie McGrath offers down-to-earth guidance on how to get your own needs met so you can be a better mother and create the fulfilling life of your dreams. You don’t have to put your happiness on hold -- you can learn how to be happy right now, because you are joy-worthy!

My Take:
I think I'll be keeping it on my bookshelf to refer back to certain sections when I need a little mom down time. I especially loved the chapter on Martyrs and the non-worthy women. It really hit home! If your a mom you should have this book, I think it will really lift your spirits and put a smile on your face. Even if your not yet a mom it might help you appreciate all of the women in your life a little more.


No comments:

Post a Comment