Monday, May 7, 2012

Illusions by Kacey Hammell

Illusions (In the Arms of the Law, #1)Illusions by Kacey Hammell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Well let me start off by saying I scored this novel as part of the Illusions tour. At first I wasn't sure if this was goingto be too "normal" for my taste but I actually really enjoyed it. The story starts out with a hard nosed female police officer. Coming from a family of cops she has had to push twice as hard to prove what a woman can do. Add to that a hunky ex military guy who is also a psychic and this is the start of an excellent romance with enough heat and action to keep the reader enthralled.


Summary :
Protection. Adventure. Love.
It's all found within The Arms of the Law...

Detective Isabella Knowles, a tough-as-nails cop, lives by the law, and knows what she wants out of life. And it doesn't include marriage or all that comes with it. Everything Isabella has ever known seems like an illusion when a new relationship makes her feel more alive than ever before. She isn’t happy about it and fights it every step of the way.

Burned by his fiancée years ago, seer and P.I., Brady Jacobs never wants another commitment in his life. But his bachelorhood and heart are threatened when he has one of his visions and see a killer striking too close to the woman he has recently come to love.

Danger lurks close to home and neither Brady nor Isabella like that they can’t control every situation…especially matters of the heart.



My take:
Kacey Hammell has done an amazing job building characters with depth. And feelings. Even her minor characters have a way of worming their way into your heart. The tension between Isabella and Brady is fantastically done. I'm not a big one for overly emotional novels but this one pulled my heart strings, and I still loved it. This novel is a total win in my book and totally worth the read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment