Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Last Girl Standing ~ Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush

Last Girl StandingLast Girl Standing by Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was excited to read this ARC from Netgalley. The first Lisa Jackson book I ever read was one that she and Nancy Bush had done together. After that I managed to score a whole slew of Lisa Jackson novels and I've enjoyed everyone.

Summary:
First they were five. Then they were four. Who's turn will it be next?

New York Times bestselling Sisters of Suspense join forces for a gripping novel about a clique of popular girls whose high school friendship is marked by a tragedy that continues to haunt them decades later

My Take:
This one did not disappoint. Suspenseful till the last moment. The main characters are the mean girls from high school everyone loved to hate. Although this story is filled with small town secrecy and big time trouble. There was a level of intensity from each of the First Five, which can be hard to maintain with so many characters in play. I think the authors have done an excellent job building believable teenagers who are so wrapped up in their emotional lives that can't truly see whats going on around them. It also shows how sometimes tragedy shapes a community more than anyone might realize.
As the storyline heats up you realize things are even crazier than you thought.I promise you this one will keep you guessing till the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment