Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Stone Guardian ~ Danielle Monsch

Stone Guardian (Entwined Realms, #1)Stone Guardian by Danielle Monsch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Publication Date July 15 (so what are you waiting for?)

Guess I'm out of my book slump. Here is another one I could not put down.

Summary:
Gryphons flying past skyscrapers? Wizards battling it out in coffeehouses? Women riding motorcycles with large swords strapped to their backs? All normal sights since the Great Collision happened twenty-six years ago.

Well, not normal for everyone. Larissa Miller may have been born after the Great Collision, but as a history teacher who lives in the human-only city, she has never come into contact with any other race or species, nor has she wanted to. Her life is as ordinary as it gets - that is, until one day she walks out of her apartment and is attacked by a mob of Zombies, only to be saved by a Gargoyle.

Gargoyles trust no one outside their Clan, but due to a cryptic prophecy, Terak, Leader of the Gargoyles, has been watching over the human woman for months. While he can find no reason why the woman has been singled out, something about her stirs every protective instinct within him. When the attack confirms that the threats against her exist and are real, he convinces Larissa that though their races have never been allies, the best chance of discovering why she has been brought into his world is by working together.

In the course of their investigation Terak becomes entranced by his little human. But when he discovers why Necromancers want her and the great reward that awaits him if he betrays her, he must choose between the welfare of his Clan and not only Larissa’s life, but the fate of this New Realm as well

My Take:
I really enjoyed this one. I won't lie the cover is what grabbed me at first. I really love Gargoyles. Since there are not a lot of good Gargoyle Paranormal Romances out there I jumped at the chance to read this one. I was expecting your typical PR storyline; creature meats girl, creature saves girl, love and steamy-ness etc.. What I got with this novel was a well thought out, character driven, multilayered story.
The world of the Entwined Realms is one that is both easy to imagine and easy to understand. I always find these kinds of stories the most intriguing. Reading about a world very close to our own makes the characters more real and their situations more heart pounding.
This story centers along a woman born at the time when two worlds collided. Other than that fact she has grown up a pretty sheltered life staying away from magic and otherworld creatures. All that is changed suddenly when she finds herself the target of every magical bad guy in town. Her only chance at survival is to trust in creatures of myth and magic. Enter one exceptionally hot Gargoyle.
This was a total page turner. I was glad it was too hot today to do anything other than sit in the Ac and finish this one! I now have a new series to add to my list because I will be waiting less than patiently for the next one to come out. Maybe we will actually meet a dragon...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment