Friday, May 3, 2013

Graveyard Child ~ M.L.N Hanover

Graveyard Child (The Black Sun's Daughter, #5)Graveyard Child by M.L.N. Hanover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Alright this is one of those series I was glad I stuck with. Book one seemed so different by its summary that I just had to read it. As the series has progressed it has had its up and downs but this one is by far the best. I am going to warn you their will be some spoilers in this review.

Summary:
After years on her own, Jayné Heller is going home to find some answers. How did the powerful spirit calling itself the Black Sun get into her body? Who was her uncle Eric, and what was the grand plan that he devoted his life to? Who did her mother have an affair with, and why? What happened to her on her sixteenth birthday? And the tattoo—seriously—what was that about?
Jayné arrives amid preparations for her older brother’s shotgun wedding, but she’s not the only unexpected guest. The Invisible College has come to town to stop the ceremony. And the more she learns, the more she uncovers a darkness that runs deeper than generations and stronger than blood. A missing bride and wizards bent on vengeance may be the least of her problems.
Because in the shadows of Jayné’s childhood home, a greater threat awaits that didn’t die with her uncle. It calls itself the Graveyard Child.

My Take: Hanover has done a fantastic job with brining this story together. The character building was fantastic. There were even times where I thought I knew what was going to happen and then the storyline takes a detour. Totally fantastic! Ok so by book two I was thinking, Eric was Jaynes dad. After all why would he leave her all that cash if not? SO when the big revelation came in this book I was thinking, see you figured it out. Hmm not even close. Here I am thinking Eric is some slightly evil demon hunter who had an affair with his brothers wife and instead he's really been ridden the whole time. Since the day Jayne first met him, even before that. Actually she never knew the real Eric. Maybe only her Dad, who's not her Dad at all, really knew him. I guess how can you know somethings wrong with someone if you never knew their normal?
This book gave me a huge amount of respect for M.L.N Hanover. This isn't the fly by the seat of your pants kind of storyline. This is a well thought out series. The end of this book leaves the reader with a feeling of satisfaction while still leaving enough interest for another book.


If your new to the series be sure to check out book 1 first Unclean Spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment