Monday, July 9, 2012

Kades Dark Embrace~Kym Grosso

Kades Dark Embrace by Kym Grosso
3.5 stars


Looking for some spicy romance? Check out the summary on this one...


After a series of girls are ritualistically murdered on the cold streets of Philadelphia, seasoned detective, Sydney Willows, is forced to work with sexy, alpha vampire, Kade Issacson. While working the case, Sydney finds herself inexplicably drawn to Kade, fighting the passion she feels towards him. Kade, determined to solve the case and mete out justice, is captivated by the independent, fiery detective. As he attempts to protect her from a very real murderer, Kade grows concerned that the beautiful, but very human detective, could easily end up dead should she tangle with supernatural forces that are beyond her control.

The investigation leads them into a dark and dangerous world, deep in the heart of New Orleans, where together, they search for the perpetrators of the Voodoo killings. Sydney soon becomes the target of the killer and ends up fighting for her life and love in the Big Easy. If she makes it out alive, will she give into the intoxicating desire she feels for Kade?



My take: Ok so this is the first time I have read anything that was called "spicy romance". I guess it means you have a storyline (like a romance novel) but everyone is also always thinking about sex (not actually having it all the time that would be erotica)


Overall I liked the story. The characters felt a little forced but the base story was good. I don't think the reader needs to be reminded over and over that Sydney is a tough as nails cop. We get it. I also thought there needed to be less, oh he's so hot, and more emotional build up. Now thats just me maybe I read too much romance. As the story progressed this problem went away and you really started to feel some emotion.


Kade seems like he's your typical Vamp character old, sexy and bossy. Of course he's drawn to Sydney the strong independent woman. I really liked Tristan as well. I do love my werewolves... I think this was a fun one and worth a look. 


You can find more about Kym Grosso at...




Twitter: @KymGrosso






No comments:

Post a Comment