Monday, January 16, 2012

The Trouble with Spells- Lacey Weatherford

Let me start by saying I picked up this ebook free on Amazon. The Trouble with Spells by Lacey Weatherford was listed in the Amazon/Kindle top free 100 books so I figured I'd give it a shot. I usually steer clear of "witch" stories as I tend to judge them a little harshly.

This is a YA drama which follows a coming 16 year old girls who comes to realize that both witches and magic are real. The bigger shock for her comes when she finds out that she is in fact a witch and she inherits a fair amount of interesting powers on her 16th birthday. Of course the story wouldn't be very interesting un less there were some crazy evil magic wielding villains  and a super powered hunk for the main character to fall for.

I find it hard to rate this book because it is your typical YA girl meets boy, evil force tries to take boy away, drama ensues. That being said there were a few interesting twists and it wasn't a bad story over all. I did break down and buy the second installment but as it was much of the same I decided not to bother getting the third book.

Overall I'd give it a 3 out of 5 stars. I'm thinking a teen might give it a 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment