Saturday, June 9, 2012

Arrival of the Prophecy ~ Robin Renee Ray

Arrival of the ProphecyArrival of the Prophecy by Robin Renee Ray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As you can tell from my rating I did enjoy this book. I am always looking for a good shifter story and this one certainly qualifies.


Summary:
Anthony Michelle had no idea that he would find the other half of his werewolf soul in the body of a woman who was afraid of her own shadow, not the qualities a King searched for when looking for his Queen. Then again, there was only one woman in the world that would not fall to the allure of the Wolf King, she just so happen to come in the form of a small, delicate, human female. 

Sky Lashay Delaney also had no clue that she carried something that would change her life in more ways than she could even contemplate. Her bashful demeanor would soon be put to the test and everything that she knew to be normal would be placed on the shelf of complete disbelief. On a chance meeting outside The Blue Howler, a club owned by a member of the werewolf clan, the two unknowingly find their very unconventional destiny.



My Take:


 I found the "bad" guys in the story quite interesting since I have not read about any shifters yet who weren't either wolf/dog or some kind of cat. I won't ruin the surprise but you will be surprised, I promise you.


As for the characters, it is interesting to watch Sky develop from a shy and scared woman to one who is strong and confident. Anthony is a strong and caring guy who is easy to fall for. Even the minor characters are interesting and enjoyable. 


The only thing that kept me from given this 5 stars was in the very beginning. I think Anthony's handling of Sky in the beginning of the novel was unforgivable to me. I know that they have some kind of connection but if some guy chained be us and turned me into a werewolf against my will I would be hard pressed to forgive him right away. Other than that I thought the novel was great. Add this one to your TBR list :)



No comments:

Post a Comment