Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Day 8 ~ Star~ The Atlantis Gene by A.G. Riddle

Its hard to believe we've made it to day 8 of the Great New Reads Blog challenge. For today's Challenge we were tasked with finding a book with a star. I thought a little outside of the box and picked a novel with the Sun (our Star) on the cover. The Atlantis Gene.


The Atlantis Gene
by A.G.Riddle
5 Star

Summary: 
In Antarctica, researchers discover a mysterious structure, buried in ice.

In a lab in Jakarta, an autism researcher identifies a revolutionary treatment that could change everything.

But these two incredible discoveries aren’t what they seem. They will set off a race to unravel the deepest secrets of human existence—and an event that could change humanity forever.

.

My Take: 

This was a change of pace for me. I've been reading mostly serial killer series or Urban Fantasy but there was something about this one that seemed to draw me in. Set all over the world the characters uncover a plot that will change the human race. Fast paced and heart pounding the author manages to mix action with science and a little bit of mystery. It had the enjoyable feel of the DaVinci  Code. Keeping you reading way into the night.

I didn't feel like the science was as heavy as a Crichton novel but there was just enough to make every thing seem plausible. I will admit that this was the first time I had heard about The Great Leap. So I did a little googling and its actually a really interesting. It makes you sit back and think, maybe if history repeats itself the X-Men might be in our future?

I think the sign of a good Science fiction novel is when it leaves the reader really thinking, and this one fits the bill. I can't wait to get to the next book in the trilogy!


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous story - and the cover is superb too! Now I want to read this too!
    I liked Crichton books, will scout if my library has a copy of this author and book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh.. this does sound petty interesting though. The Great Leap is fascinating, a lot to think about.

    ReplyDelete