Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Blog Challenge~ Day 00

Today is the opening day of the Great New Reads Blog Challenge. Today's challenge was to find a book that brought you joy. I grew up with a deep love for Arthurian Legend. After watching almost every movie about King Arthur a friend recommended this book. Once I started it I honestly could not put it down. This is one of the only books I have found myself rereading over and over again.
Special thanks to Great New Reads for picking such a fun topic to start.


The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Amazingly written, makes you feel like this is the true story of King Arthur. This is one of my all time favorite books. Coming from me that is saying a lot. The characters are vibrant and well written. The story-line makes sense of the old legends. If you enjoy a fractured fairy-tale this one is well worth the read.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cover - good choice! Ann (GreatNewReads.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get through that book, for a few reasons, but I have to admit the cover really is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete