Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Destiny of the Wolf ~ Terry Spear

Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)Destiny of the Wolf by Terry Spear
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to say Terry Spear is moving her way up in the ranks of my favorite Werewolf romance authors. Her wolves are strong, loyal and compassionate. I also love how the characters from different books interact, meaning you may hear more from some of your favorites later on in the series. Now the trouble is that I have to hunt down the rest...


Summary: 
All she wants is the truth...
Lelandi Wildhaven is determined to discover the truth about her beloved sister's mysterious death. But everyone thinks she's out to make a bid for her sister's widowed mate...

He's a pack leader tormented by memories... 
Darien Silver blames himself for his mate's death. When her twin arrives in his town, he finds himself bewitched, and when someone attempts to silence her, he realizes that protecting the beautiful stranger might be the only way to protect his pack--and himself...


My Take:

This is book 2 of the series and now that I am trying to read them in order things seems to make a lot more sense. As you may recall I picked up a book in the middle of the series at a local used book store, Well Read Books. I loved the first one so much I managed to hunt two more now at another used book store. Luckily this time it was books one and two.

As for this book itself. At first I was a little confused because the story centers around two twins, with similar names and one twin has lied and said she's the other twin. SInce I am awful with names to begin with the first few chapters had my head spinning. That and the thought that one twin could be attracted to the other twins dead mate.

Not surprisingly Terry Spear managed to pull it all off in a beautiful and believable story. The entire novel is riddled with intrigue. She could probably be a great mystery writer if she decided to. Although personally I hope she sticks with werewolves!



No comments:

Post a Comment